Alice – Therapy Dog
Alice is our newest Therapy Dog. She is a Bernadoodle (Bernese Mountain Dog/Poodle Mix), bred to be sweet, loving, and is hypo-allergenic. Alice is shy and loving, and will make the rounds to make sure everyone is taken care of. Her owner/handler is Amber Utter.
Molly – Therapy Dog
Molly is a Maltese-Yorkie (Morkie), bred to be sweet, loving, and is hypo-allergenic. Molly is curious and sweet, loving to help clients feel safe. Molly was trained by Dog Obedience Group, and her owner/handler is Judy Gardner.
Benefits of Pets in Therapy–
- Decreases isolation and depression
- Provides comfort
- Lowers anxiety and decreases agitation
- Act of petting produces an automatic relaxation response
- Releases relaxation-producing hormones
- Diminishes physical pain
- Increases socialization/encourages communication
- Increased focus
Professional counseling provided with integrity, compassion and grace.