Alice – Therapy Dog in Training
Alice is our newest Therapy Dog in Training. She is a Bernadoodle (Bernese Mountain Dog/Poodle Mix), bred to be sweet, loving, and is hypo-allergenic. Alice is shy and loving, and will make the rounds to make sure everyone is taken care of. Her owner/handler is Amber Utter.
Ziggy – Therapy Dog in Training
Ziggy is one of our Therapy Dogs in Training. She is a Maltese-Yorkie mix (Morkie), bred to be sweet, loving, and is hypo-allergenic. Ziggy has completed Advanced Training, which was two 6-week full time trainings. She is an excited member of the staff, and wants you to feel welcome and safe. Ziggy’s owner/handler is Judy Gardner.
Benefits of Pets in Therapy–
- Decreases isolation and depression
- Provides comfort
- Lowers anxiety and decreases agitation
- Act of petting produces an automatic relaxation response
- Releases relaxation-producing hormones
- Diminishes physical pain
- Increases socialization/encourages communication
- Increased focus
Professional counseling provided with integrity, compassion and grace.